DKAN 1.9 Release Notes¶
New Features and Enhancements¶
- Added “Data Dashboards” and “Data Stories” content types with customizable layouts
- Added Panopoly Widgets for use in Dashboards, Stories, the front page and panel pages
- Added new custom DKAN widgets for use on panel pages
- The Visualization Entity module, along with the additional Charts bundle, are now included in DKAN core
- Added a “command center” to the user’s own profile page to more easily find common functions
- @font-your-face module added w/configuration for easier font admin
- Multiple security updates and other contrib module and theme updates.
- Drupal now on version 7.39.
- Many bug fixes and code cleanups
- See release notes for nuboot_radix theme and individual DKAN modules for additional release notes
Search API Database upgrade issue¶
This release updates the Search API DB module, which, if you are using the database backend, may break your search indexes, resulting in either a) nothing, or b) all nodes regardless of type on your search/datasets pages.
To fix, follow these steps after updating your database:
- Go to /admin/config/search/search_api/index/datasets/edit to edit the database node index
- Set the Server to “< No Server >” and Save. Your index will now show as “disabled.”
- Edit it again (by clicking “Edit” next to “Database Node Index”) and set the Server back to “Database Server” and Save.
- Click the “enable” link while viewing the resulting page, or edit the index again and check the “Enabled” box.
- Once the index is enabled, you should see “0/[total] Indexed” on the index page. Click “Index Now” at the bottom of the page to re-index all your datasets.
- Repeat for any other indexes you have running on a database server.